Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Saigon Kiss

Sounds romantic no? NO!!  Unfortunately, not the type of kiss you want to receive here.  I tried to google some pictures but this is the best I could get.  A "Saigon Kiss" or sometimes referred to as a "Saigon Souvenir" is a rather nasty burn that you may be unlucky enough to receive, usually on your right calf, compliments of the motorbikes exhaust pipe.  It is so hot here that you tend to wear light clothing and most of the Vietnamese women you see on the bikes are all dolled up for work in their little skirts.  I had noticed quite a few with big whopping scars on their legs and further enquiries revealed the cause.  Not quite the kiss I would prefer and I am careful to take great care when hopping off the bikes.  This is one souvenir of this city I don't want thanks!
Nasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.