Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hong Kong Part 4. The Langham Hotel.


On our fourth day we moved from the Disneyland Hotel on Lantau Island to the Langham Hotel in Kowloon.  Nick had gotten incredibly sick the night before, coming down with shocking puss covered tonsils (too much information?)  I sent him off to the doctors first thing in the morning.  He was obviously not feeling great buy I managed to get him in a taxi to the Langham.  Now there just happens to be 2 Langham Hotels in Kowloon.  One is the Langham Place in Mong Kok and the other is just the Langham in the swanky harbour area.  Now I thought I had booked the Langham Place but after arriving and having them unable to find my reservation, we realised we had booked the other one.  With Nick on deaths door this was not good news.  Back in a cab we finally arrived at the right hotel.  First thing I did was mention that Nick was unwell and the next thing we knew we were led straight up to the room and checked in from there.  Scarlett and I were presented with their signature pink Rose. This was an indication of how incredibly amazing our experience at this hotel was.  We had decided to splurge for the 3 nights and had booked an Executive Suite.  This also came with the use of the "Langham Club" and all of the privileges that entails including free wii fi.  This is quite possibly one of the nicest hotel experiences I have ever had. (Being an avid traveller and a flight attendant for over 15 years that is saying something!)  The location was right on the water and about a 3 minute walk to the Starr Ferry that takes you over to Hong Kong Island.  I felt like Alice who fell down the rabbit hole but ended up in the pages of Vogue but I'll do a post on the shops shortly.  Take a look at this place and it's surrounds!  I can HIGHLY recommend it and you simply must try to pay for the Club privileges if it does not blow the budget. Having said that, I thought it was good value and the price very reasonable.
A lovely touch.  Kiddy size slippers, robes and back packs.






I must say I have never had branded loofa's or talcum powder before!
We loved having an extra living area.  Nick could rest in bed and the kids could hang out and watch tv.

Seriously spacious suite.




Headed up to Level 11 to visit the Langham Club so Nick could have a cup of tea.  You can visit anytime for refreshments.  They serve afternoon tea from 3.00pm and cocktails and canapes from 5.00pm.  I drank my body weight in pink Moet....yes MOET!  All complimentary!

Kids sorted.





Perhaps it was the medicine, perhaps it was the tea from the silver tea set, perhaps it was me drinking the Moet, things were looking much brighter!

Beautifully decorated.









The pool on the roof.

Signature flowers were everywhere.



You also eat breakfast up here.  I would make my favourite smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and onions on a toasted bagel.







Not too shabby!

So do I Quiddy....so do I!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.