Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Name that smell?

It took me while to figure it out but I have finally got it!  Not having a car I spend quite a bit of time either on the back of a bike or in taxi's over here.  The taxi's are very hit and miss.  To their credit I think they know the city like the back of their weather beaten hands.  All you need to do is give them the address and they have got it.  Whether they choose to take you directly there or detour through Laos is a different story!  Quite often, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, taxi's stink!  Whether it be the body odour of the driver, his previous passenger, his lunch of 10 minutes ago or the green thing he is drinking out of the plastic bag I never know.  Much to their credit, they do their best to mask the fragrance of the city by stuffing lemongrass in every conceivable nook and cranny of their vehicle.  Took me a while to figure out why the hell there were bundles of grass shoved under the seat, on the parcel shelf, in the console....you get the idea.  Good on them I say.  If you can't have a seatbelt you may as well smell nice and you get liberated from you hard earned dong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.