Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Mega Shopping Spree!

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to take myself on a bit of a mega shopping spree on Saturday.  A bus had been hired and a group of us were to hit some of the big factories that are a bit further out of town.  The first stop was the Minh Long factory.  They of course have all of the beautiful dinner sets etc but I think what most of us had come for was the "seconds" shop upstairs.  Row after row after row of china with more designs than you can poke a stick at.  There are varying degrees of "seconds" so you need to be a little careful in your choice but there are enough there that you can easily pick up sets where I really could not find anything wrong with them at all.  I filled up my shopping trolley with things from plates, cups, platters, bowls and even little soy dishes and servers.  I was a tad nervous I may have over done it.  110 pieces in all.  I nearly fell over backwards when she told me the total.  Luckily in a good way.  $128.  Yup. $128.  Yipee!!!
Click on this link for all of the details.  It's about 45 mins out of town. Minh Long

Our next stop was Gomo.  It is aimed at all things for the home including not only furnishings but bedding and all sort of decorative ware.  Lamps and placemats were the main things that our group seemed to buy.  They had rugs and all sorts of storage solutions as well.  Whilst not factory prices it does offer more of a European style which can be hard to find in Saigon. 

To get to Gomo follow Highway 13 (Xo Viet Nghe Tinh) out of Binh Thanh and Thu Duc through to Binh Duong. The showroom is located on the right hand side 5km after the international Hanh Phuc Hospital on Highway 13. The full address is 7/308 Highway 13, Thuan An, Binh Duong. Call 06503 765115 or visit www.gomo.vn.

Situated between Gomo and Minh Long is a beautiful golf course called Song Be.  We decided it would be the perfect spot for lunch.  I have to say, the food was very very good! For more information click here.


Our final stop was a glass showroom in Go Vap.



Vases are crazy expensive in Australia so I picked up a few.  I also fell in love with the blue glasses that you see stacked behind.  7 vases and 6 glasses set me back about $70.

Tired but happy we headed back to HCMC.  We had spent nearly 8 hours shopping (and eating) and had a fabulous day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.