Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pho 24 - Take Away

I know, I know, how could you be so busy that you simply don't have 10 minutes to sit down and have a bowl of Pho.  Well, you can.  And I am.  So, as sacrilegious as this may be, Pho 24 don't do a bad take away as far as Pho goes.

The hot noodles sit in the bottom of the pho bowl with the onion garnish.  All the greens and sauces are in the plastic container and the broth is separate in the round container.  I love that this means that you still get to "build" your pho just the way you like it.  I have mine with no meat so this meal costs about 40,000VND (less than $2).  It is quite ridiculous the amount of packaging just for one meal and I feel a bit guilty sometimes....but hunger usually wins over.  Where is YOUR favourite pho joint?

2 comments:

  1. one of my favorite Pho spots in Saigon is "Pho Hung" on 241 Nguyen Trai.
    This is far better then what you get at Pho24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and thanks for posting. I know the place you mean. Yep, it was pretty good but I think the put coriander (cilantro) in mine and it was a bit overwhelming. As far as "real" pho goes, I rate Pho Hoa on Pasteur. Have you tried that one? I also hear there is a good one that is well known on NTMK. if you know a good Bun Cha place I'd love to hear about it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.