Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Park Hyatt Saigon High Tea

In the name of research (that's my story and I am sticking with it), a group of us girls got together on Saturday to experience High Tea at the Park Hyatt.
As you can see, the choice of food was enough for even the most discerning diner!  The afternoon began at 2.00pm and we pretty much ate and drank tea for the next 3 hours.

The tea menu was extensive to say the least!  I am not really a tea or coffee drinker so a lot of the blends went right over my head.  I did manage to find a lovely herbal tea that helped me to wash down all of the food we were consuming.

One of the highlights of the afternoon was the great trio that kept us entertained with all of the classics.  Not too loud, not too intrusive and really added to the atmosphere of the lounge.

So, the food.  These fresh salmon sandwiches were a big hit with most of us going back for more on more than one occasion.

Looking back now I did not even taste this one.  Looks good too...what a shame!

I am very much a savoury kind of girl and these were my favourite.  Even when I switched from savoury to sweet I had to finish with one of these.

I couldn't fit one of these in either.  Perhaps I made an amateur mistake and had too many sandwiches to begin with.

Chocolate Baileys cake.

Macaroons

From memory these were apple pies.

How great do these look!  Little lemon meringue pies.

Did I mention I like macaroons?

Creme Brûlée....

So much fun to be ladies for the afternoon!  They will top up your tea with hot water as often as you wish.

The scones were a little on the flat side but still tasted great.

All in all a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  It cost us approximately $35 each and I kid you not...I think I ate until I nearly burst.  I only managed to photograph half of what was on offer before my appetite got the better of me and I put the camera down and picked up a fork.  Quite expensive for Vietnam but you have to remember you are enjoying the idyllic surrounds of one of, if not the, best hotel in town.  We all agreed that the music was a lovely touch.  As we rolled into taxi's to take us home we have decided that we might have to make it our mission to experience High Tea in a few more places in town...all in the name of research of course!

3 comments:

  1. Dani, it's half a price of high tea in Melb. I can tell you that it's $70 from the Sofitel, $90 from the Windsor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, attention to every detail. I love the tea menu since it looks nostalgia. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.