Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Player in the Saigon Meat Market.

I am as excited as a kid in a lolly shop!  I probably should rephrase that as a Saigonese carnivore in a new Aussie butcher shop!  It is with great delight that I introduce you to a new player on the scene in Saigons often sadly underwhelming meat market.  Tra Vy Butcher Co (click on the name to go to their web page) has opened in Phu My Hung and I popped down for a visit this morning.

Tra Vy is owned and operated by one of our very own Aussie expats and fellow Vietnam Swan, Travis Fallon.  Travis, who is a butcher by trade when back in Australia, has opened his butchery in Phu My Hung and now must finally be relieved that I will leave him alone and stop asking "when are you going to open...I need some real sausages!" 
Us Moggys love a bit of good old fashioned bangers, mash and beans and these are sure to fit the bill.  A really wide variety of flavours all made by Trav and preservative free.
The man himself.  Trav as I mentioned is a butcher back in Aus and now one of my favourite people in Saigon!
Porterhouse heaven.  I can almost taste the garlic and mustard butter I am going to dollop onto these babies.  The meat comes from my home town of Melbourne.   It is all fresh so you can freeze it when you get home and have a stash at hand.
I did a bit of a double take (pun intended) when I saw the girls but was soon distracted by the scotch fillet!
I was doing a little happy dance when I saw the array of beautiful Aussie red meat on offer.  Not JUST red meat...but REALLY good quality red meat!  Trav also does home made chicken Kiev's,  marinated chicken skewers and wings,  beef and chicken mince and roast lambs and rib racks.  A more comprehensive list including prices is below.  They are open 7 days and also deliver.  Their web page is www.travysbutchershop.com and you can even order online.  Now I just have to find a high protein diet because my BBQ is calling me

Location
A007 Nguyễn Văn Linh
Hưng Vượng 1, Phú Mỹ Hưng, Q.7,
Hồ Chí Minh City, Việt Nam

Phone

085 410 3214
090 399 8036
090 399 8018
Hours
Mon - Sun 8am - 8pm












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.