Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A sad day for Australia.

He was the quintessential Australian.  As Aussie as a jar of Vegemite and one of my all time favourite actors.  I was lucky enough to have had the pleasure of meeting Bill Hunter in September.  He was attending a Grand Final function here in Ho Chi Minh City. I had a lovely chat with him about what he was up to.  He told me how he was over here for both business and pleasure and that he had some movies in the pipeline.  To hear of his death fills me with terrible sadness.  The fact that he was still working makes me even sadder for what could have been.  His body of work is just incredible.  From Gallipoli to Muriels Wedding, you could guarantee that if Bill was in it, you were going to enjoy it.  My personal favourite was Crackerjack.  That wheel of cheese gets me every time!  Farewell to an Aussie legend.
Vale Bill Hunter.  Your memory will live on through your amazing body of work.

2 comments:

  1. Here here Dani..I agree whole heartedly..He certainly was an Aussie Icon. He will be missed. How lucky you were to share some time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How glorious you got to meet him, Dan. Truly an Aussie legend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.