Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The dreaded dentist

Those who know me know just how much I hate the dentist.  I don't just hate the dentist...I am terrified of the dentist.  I am not going to tell you the last time I went as you will roll your eyes in horror.  Lets just say, um....primary school.  You will be please to know I was walking past Westcoast Dental the other day and on the spur of the moment, went in for a check up. I know you must think I am mad but if I had have made an appointment I would have made up an excuse to cancel again and again and again.  So spur of the moment it was and the results were surprisingly good.  She was lovely and even though I was nattering on like and old woman due to nerves, she was very understanding.  No filling required!  I have been wanting to get my old mercury fillings out for ages as I am sure they a slowly poisoning me and adding to my fatigue levels.  They can do some sleep dentistry here where they will knock me out for 2 hours, replace everything and also put a kind of seal over the tops of my wisdom teeth for an amazing price.  It is all legit and she is an Australian dentist and they use a proper anaesthetist. (Don't panic mum).  In fact she was so lovely I took the kids in for their first check up and polish.  I put on a happy face and pretended that I just LOVE going to the dentist and they actually enjoyed it.  Chair goes up...chair goes down.....chair goes up...chair goes down.....She had a kids DVD running on a screen just above their heads and they did not bat an eyelid.  Thank goodness they have not inherited my phobia.  As for Nick, well, he has always had great teeth and every dentist he sees exclaim they wish they had his teeth.  Not a filling in his head.....lucky beggar!


Very proud of them.  Just looking at these makes me break out in a cold sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.