Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Technical Difficulties!

Ever had one of those periods where everything technical you touch stuffs up?  Well I am in the midst of one and I am starting to get really peeved!  It all started when one day I signed out of hotmail and relaised that I had forgotten my password.  The hint question that they ask that I had set up when I set up the account about 15 years ago no longer matched the answer I provided.  Next step was to contact them via a totally STUPID form and they are supposed to confirm that I am me and restore within 24 hrs.  Well it's been 10 days and...nothing.  Every single persons email I know is in that account and that account only.  Living away from home has it's pitfalls and most of them I can get passed as long as I can remain in contact.  Needless to say, I am not happy.
So, I can keep in touch with Facebook right? WRONG!  In its infinite wisdom the powers that be have decided that it is the root of all evil and have blocked access to the site.  There was a half-assed ban put in place about a year ago but people were able to find their way around it.  This time they have gone the whole hog and it really appears to be gone.  So, here I am totally out of contact with friends and family at home.  The frustration is mounting.
I know, I'll put my internet radio on and listen to some good old Aussie broadcasting.  WRONG!  Our apartment complex has changed our service provider and it now no longer works.
Lets just say I am too scared to touch the electric carving knife.  Mind you, there are a few people I could happily carve up at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Oh God, let's just hope they don't ban blogger. Isn't it insane and naive? As if their people are going to become rebels via facebook! That is, like, SO China!!! I hate techno worries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It's terrible to be away from home and now that FB is gone, you just feel disconnected even more. :( Try www.lisp4.facebook.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lyra! Thanks for the tip. sometimes this link works and sometimes it just taunts me! I'm thinking of purchasing a VPN. Fancy having to pay for FB!!!!

    January 13, 2011 7:51 PM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.