Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Teachers Day

Today is Teachers Day.  What is that I hear you ask?  Well it's a BIG deal here.  I mean REALLY BIG.  This holiday allows students to express their respect to their teacher. Education is the road to success here and it is never taken for granted.  Students begin preparing a week in advance, and many classes usually prepare literature and art to welcome teachers' day, while other students prepare foods and flowers for the parties held at their schools. Students usually visit their teachers at their homes to offer flowers and small gifts, or organize trips with their teachers and classmates. Former students also pay respect to their former teachers on this day.  The kids bought small gifts for their teachers yesterday (all six of them!) and Nick and I also bought a gift for our language teachers.  Co Hai, my teacher, has the patience of a saint!  Between me slaughtering the language and my frequent last minute "I can't make it to class today" texts, I don't know how she puts up with me.  We actually get along really well and spend a great deal of time laughing at the differences between out cultures AND the similarities of husbands and kids.  When she turned up at class yesterday she looked beautiful in her Ao Yai and was obviously enjoying some well earned respect.  Thank you Co Hai!  Or should I say.....Cảm ơn bạn Cờ Hải. Bạn là một giáo viên tuyệt vời ngay cả khi tôi không phải là một sinh viên tuyệt vời! (Thank you Co Hai.  You are a wonderful teacher even if I am not a great student!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.