Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Moggysmekongmadness

All content on this blog remain the property of moggysmekongmadness. Where photos are not taken by the author, all efforts to credit photographer have been made. Kindly refrain from reproducing or scrapping.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

As the blog title suggests, it has been a very busy couple of days!  Yesterdays main achievement was to go indoor plant shopping.  I paid 3 million dong for 3 big palms, 2 medium sized I don't know whats, 5 small I don't know whats and 1 magnificent Bonsai. It sounds like a lot but in actuality it is about $190 Aus. Not bad considering that includes delivery and beautiful pots.  I cannot believe the difference it has made to the apartment!  It looks fantastic.  The 3 big palms are in the lounge area.  The 2 medium are in the bar area (yes, we have a bar area), the 5 small are in the bathrooms and the bonsai sits proudly in the middle of the dining table. I also went out this morning to fill the house with Orchids.  It may sound decadent but at 10,000 dong a stem (63 cents) it is well worth it.  The last lot lasted nearly 3 weeks.  So for $8.80 there are flowers in the lounge and also my bedroom.  Not just flowers...orchids!  Who has flowers in their bedroom?  How lucky am I?  I also went out today to get some pebbles to put over the bottom part of the plants to hide the dirt and keep the moisture in.  I guess the most extraordinary thing about all of this is that it is not as easy as popping into Bunnings. I had to find a plant supplier, find my way there, troll through a mini urban jungle and then negotiate in my very limited Vietnamese. A great sense of achievement.

Todays missions were a bit of an adventure  but with a little more help.  I had the maintenance guys come up and hang all of our photos which again, has really added to the homely feel of the place.  I had Quyen, Lena the cleaner, the 2 photo hangers and the 3 air-conditioning repair men in the apartment and they all gathered around to ooh and ahh over the pictures. It was quite a moment and I can only imagine how they view our adventures through China, East Timor, Italy, Greece etc.  We must seem so rich! (mind you, all fun and games until Lena said I was fat in some of the photos...they do call a spade a spade here and unless you are a size 8 you are a hippo....but that is another blog!)  I then went out and was introduced to a framing guy who is going to frame some paintings I bought in Cambodia.  I then also bought 5 clocks.  Strange I know but all will be relieved. I have blatantly stolen a brilliant idea from the gorgeous Tan and can I just say...wait till tomorrow when I post some pics!

Nick has gone out tonight.  When I explained to Quiddy that Daddy had to go out he gave me a lesson in "he does not have to go out....he WANTS to go out....there is a difference".  That kid is so switched on.

Better go and get these kids to bed.  Standby for the pictures of the fruits of my labour, even if it was a labour of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It will be published after moderation.